Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. In the early 18th century the Oulton Estate consisted of a manor house and a formal garden surrounded by farmland in Cheshire, England. Later in the century the farmland was converted into a park. The estate is now the site of the motor racing track called Oulton Park. In 1731 Philip Egerton (1694 1766) inherited the estate on the death of his uncle, John Egerton (1656 1731). At that time the estate consisted of a house, a formal garden and farmland totalling 231 acres (0.93 km2).